Terms & Conditions for Accommodation
General Terms and Conditions for Accommodation
- Introductory provisions
- The company Zeitraum s.r.o., Business ID No: 04184246, with its registered office at U Půjčovny 952/2, Nové Město, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic, incorporated in the Czech Republic Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague under file No. C 243782 (hereinafter referred to as “Zeitraum“) is the operator of the following real estates, in which, among other things, provides its clients with accommodation services:
- Zeitraum Apartments Franz at Opletalova 1683/41, 110 00, Prague 1, Czech Republic
(hereinafter collectively referred to as “Zeitraum Apartments”).
- Zeitraum Apartments offer accommodation and related services in apartments of various categories.
- These General Terms and Conditions for Accommodation (hereinafter referred to as the “GTC“) regulate (i) the procedure regarding the conclusion of an Accommodation Agreement between Zeitraum as the operator of Zeitraum Apartments and a natural person interested in accommodation in Zeitraum Apartments via the website www.zeitraumapartments.re (hereinafter referred to as the “Client” and the “Agreement”) and (ii) the rights and obligations of Zeitraum and the Client arising under the Agreement.
- Pursuant to the Agreement and under the conditions set therein and in the GTC, Zeitraum undertakes to provide the Client with accommodation in Zeitraum Apartments for the agreed period in the accommodation premises designated by Zeitraum according to the category of accommodation premises selected by the Client (hereinafter referred to as the “Accommodation Premises“) and the Client undertakes to pay Zeitraum the agreed price for the accommodation in the Accommodation Premises and for the related services.
- These GTC are an integral part of the Agreement. Deviating provisions in the Agreement shall prevail over the provisions of these GTC.
- The Agreement Parties’ rights and obligations not expressly regulated by the Agreement and these GTC are governed by the Czech Republic’s generally binding legal regulations, particularly the provisions in § 2326 et seq. of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., of the Civil Code, as amended (hereinafter the “Civil Code“).
- Agreement conclusion
- The offer published on the Zeitraum website represents a proposal for the Agreement’s conclusion within the meaning of § 1732 (2) of the Civil Code (hereinafter referred to as the “Offer“).
- The Agreement is concluded on the basis of the Client’s order made via the electronic reservation form on the Zeitraum website www.zeitraumapartments.re (hereinafter referred to as the “Order“).
- On the Zeitraum website www.zeitraumapartments.re, the Client shall choose (i) Zeitraum Apartments, (ii) the type of room in the selected Zeitraum Apartments, (iii) the number of people, (iv) the required accommodation period (arrival date and departure date) (hereinafter referred to as the “Accommodation Period”), and (v) the currency of CZK or EUR in which the Client wishes to pay the accommodation price to Zeitraum. Subsequently, for Order purposes, the Client completes the information regarding their identification and contact details (especially name and surname, passport or identity card number, permanent residential address, telephone number, e-mail address). Before sending the Order, the Client is allowed to check and change the data they have entered in the Order.
- Before sending the Order, the Client has a link to these GTC to get acquainted therewith. These GTC are also available to the Client at any time on the website www.zeitraumapartments.re. Before sending the Order, the Client confirms by checking the appropriate box that they acknowledge that the Client and Zeitraum’s rights and obligations are regulated by the Agreement and these GTC, that they have read these GTC and agrees therewith. It is not possible to place an Order without confirming this information.
- The Client sends the Order by confirming the Order, whereby the Client also confirms the correctness of the entered identification and contact details. By confirming the Order, the Client agrees to using distance communication when concluding the Agreement. The costs incurred by the Client by using distance communication in connection with the Agreement’s conclusion shall be borne by the Client themselves.
- The Order is the Offer’s acceptance. By sending the Order via the electronic reservation form, the Agreement is concluded.
- The Client is informed with regard to the accommodation price, including services related to the accommodation (hereinafter referred to as the “Accommodation Price“) and the payment method before sending the Order, as well as in regard to the Agreement’s cancellation policy. Before sending the Order, by checking the appropriate box, the Client confirms that they have read the cancellation policy and have agreed thereto. It is not possible to place an Order without confirming this information.
- After sending the Order, without undue delay Zeitraum shall send confirmation to the Client’s e-mail address specified in the Order regarding the Agreement’s conclusion. Zeitraum shall send this confirmation of the Agreement’s conclusion to the Client in the electronic form to the e-mail address specified in the Order, or to another Client’s e-mail address, which the Client shall communicate to Zeitraum for this purpose at any time during the Agreement term at the Client’s request.
- Accommodation Price and Payment Terms
- The Client is obliged to pay the Accommodation price to Zeitraum for accommodation in the Accommodation Premises the in the amount specified in Zeitraum’s Offer and confirmed by the Client in the Order. The Client pays the price for accommodation either once in the case of accommodation for less than 30 days, or monthly in advance, always no later than the 25th of the previous month, if the Accommodation Period is more than 30 days.
- The Accommodation Price includes all taxes and fees.
- The Client shall pay the Accommodation Price to Zeitraum in the manner chosen by the Client in the Order. Payment of the Accommodation Price can only be made by card payment, either in advance when booking or subsequently on arrival at Zeitraum Apartments. Cash payments are not accepted. If the Client fails to pay the Accommodation Price duly and in timely manner, Zeitraum is entitled to terminate the Agreement without a notice period. In such a case, the Client is also obliged to pay a cancellation fee to Zeitraum.
- In the event that the Accommodation Period is 30 or more days, the Client is obliged to pay Zeitraum a deposit in the amount specified in the Offer (hereinafter referred to as the “Deposit”).
- The Client is obliged to pay the Deposit immediately after sending the Order, exclusively by payment card through the payment gateway.
- Immediately after sending the Order, the Client is obliged to pay to the account of Zeitraum, by payment by card through the payment gateway, to which the Client is automatically redirected after sending the Order. The deposit cannot be paid in any other way. If the Client does not pay the Deposit in this way immediately after sending the Order, the Agreement will terminate.
- The Deposit may be used by Zeitraum to settle any receivables of Zeitraum from the Client in connection with the Agreement, including any receivables arising from breach of the Agreement or these GTC by the Client or for the purpose of compensation for damage caused by the Client.
- The deposit or its part, which Zeitraum did not use to settle receivables from the Client in accordance with the Agreement or GTC, will be returned to the Client within 1 month from the day when the Client vacated the Accommodation, handed them over without defects and damage to Zeitraum all their debts and no such debts can arise, whichever occurs later.
- Cancellation conditions
- The Client is entitled to unilaterally cancel the Agreement under conditions set-out in the Offer. Any cancellation fee amount is stated in the Offer.
- The Client shall inform Zeitraum in writing regarding the Agreement’s cancellation by e-mail at: Zeitraum email@example.com, the delivery date of the Agreement’s termination notice to Zeitraum is decisive for compliance with the time limit.
- If the Client fails to arrive to Zeitraum Apartments on the first day of the Accommodation Period for any reason, the Agreement expires (resolutive condition). In such a case, the Client is also obliged to pay the cancellation fee to Zeitraum, and Zeitraum is entitled to use the paid Price for Accommodation to pay the cancellation fee. Zeitraum is entitled to set off the Deposit or part thereof against such a receivable.
- The Client is obliged to pay the cancellation fee even if the reason for the Client’s cancellation of the Agreement is any extraordinary or unforeseeable circumstances arising independently of the Client’s will (such as pandemics, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, government regulations on border closures, etc.).
- Accommodation Premises
- By concluding the Agreement, the Client is entitled to accommodation in the selected category of Accommodation Premises in the Zeitraum Apartments selected by the Client, but not the right to accommodation in a specific room or apartment; this is determined by Zeitraum within Zeitraum Apartments and the category of Accommodation Premises selected by the Client.
- The Accommodation Premises are equipped with furnishings, whereby the general description is given on the Zeitraum website www.zeitraumapartments.re. The Accommodation Premises shall be handed over to the Client by Zeitraum on the first day of the Accommodation Period from 2 pm, unless the Parties agree otherwise in advance.
- The Client may use the Accommodation Premises exclusively for accommodation. The Client is not entitled to leave the Accommodation Premises or a part thereof for use by any third party, nor to allow any third party to use the Accommodation Premises together with the Client. In the event of a breach of this provision, Zeitraum is entitled to terminate the Agreement without notice.
- In the event of extraordinary circumstances (such as a water accident), Zeitraum is entitled to require the Client to move to other Accommodation Premises for the duration of such extraordinary circumstances, or for the time strictly necessary to eliminate the consequences of such extraordinary circumstances. The Client is obliged to comply with such request from Zeitraum and move to the new Accommodation Premises without undue delay after the notification’s delivery to Zeitraum. If the Client does not agree with the change of the Accommodation Premises, they are entitled to terminate the Agreement without a notice period within 2 days of the delivery date of the notification given by Zeitraum.
- Other rights and obligations
- The Client is obliged to use the Accommodation Premises in such a way that no damage occurs, or their condition deteriorates beyond normal wear and tear, and to keep them clean and in working order.
- The Client is obliged to behave in the Accommodation Premises and in the Zeitraum Apartments common areas in such a way as not to disturb or restrict other users.
- The Client is liable for all damage that arise in the Accommodation Premises, including their furnishings, and also for the damage that the Client causes to common areas or the Zeitraum Apartments equipment.
- Zeitraum Apartments, including the Accommodation Premises, are strictly non-smoking. The Client undertakes to comply with the smoking ban. In the event of breaching this smoking ban, Zeitraum is entitled to demand that the Client pays a Agreementual penalty in the amount of 5,000 CZK for each breach. In the event of fire sensors being triggered due to cigarette smoke and therefore causing a false fire alarm, the Client is obliged to reimburse in full the call-out of the fire department vehicles. In the event of a breach of this smoking ban, Zeitraum is also entitled to terminate the Agreement without a notice period.
- The Client is obliged to notify Zeitraum without undue delay of the need for repairs to the Accommodation Premises, including their furnishings, and to enable Zeitraum to make such repairs.
- The Client is not entitled to make any changes or modifications to the Accommodation Premises, including the assembly or installation of any objects on the Accommodation Premises walls.
- Zeitraum publishes House Rules for the use of Zeitraum Apartments, which it is entitled to change unilaterally at any time. The House Rules, as amended, are always published (posted) in the Zeitraum Apartments common areas and on the Zeitraum website www.zeitraumapartments.re. The Client is obliged to observe these House Rules.
- The Zeitraum Apartments common areas are equipped with a camera system to protect the property. The Client is obliged to tolerate the camera system’s location in Zeitraum Apartments.
- In connection with the accommodation, Zeitraum provides the Client with common services related to the accommodation, such as cleaning the Accommodation Premises, provision of bed linen and towels, etc.
- The Client acknowledges that in case of a residence of foreign nationals, Zeitraum is obliged to comply with the obligations stipulated by Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic, including the notification obligation. In order to comply with these obligations, the Client is obliged to provide Zeitraum with the necessary cooperation consisting, inter alia, in completing the application form. In the event that the Client is not authorised to reside in Czech Republic territory, or it is expired, Zeitraum is entitled to terminate the Agreement without a notice period.
- Agreement Termination
- The Client is entitled to terminate the Agreement before the agreed Accommodation Period’s expiry in the cases specified in these GTC.
- Zeitraum is entitled to terminate the Agreement without a notice period before the agreed Accommodation Period’s expiry, if the Client does not pay the Price for accommodation in time or if the Client violates their obligations under the Agreement despite the request made by Zeitraum. Zeitraum is also entitled to terminate the Agreement before the agreed Accommodation Period’s expiry in the cases specified in these GTC.
- If the Client terminates the Agreement prematurely or for reasons on the part of the Client after the beginning of the Accommodation Period, the Client is obliged to pay to Zeitraum any unpaid part of the Accommodation Price for the entire Accommodation Period. Zeitraum is entitled to set off the Deposit or part thereof against such a receivable.
- At the end of the accommodation, the Client is obliged to return all the keys or access cards to the Accommodation Premises to Zeitraum.
- The Client shall hand over the Accommodation Premises on the last day of the Accommodation Period to Zeitraum no later than at 11.00 am.
- In the event of the Client’s delay in vacating and handing over the Accommodation Premises duly and in timely manner, Zeitraum is entitled to demand that the Client pays a Agreementual penalty in the amount of the daily rate for the given type of accommodation.
- Dispute settlement
- All the disputes between Zeitraum and the Client arise under the Agreement shall be resolved primarily by negotiations between the Parties.
- In the event that a dispute between the Client and Zeitraum arises under the Agreement, which cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Client may submit a proposal for out-of-court settlement of such a dispute arisen under the Agreement to the competent entity responsible for out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes pursuant to Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection, which is
Česká obchodní inspekce (Czech Trade Inspection Authority)
Ústřední inspektorát – Oddělení mimosoudního řešení spotřebitelských sporů (Central Inspectorate – Department for out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes)
120 00 Prague 2
The necessary information for the out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes is published on the Czech Trade Inspection Authority website www.coi.cz.
- The Client can also use the online dispute resolution platform set up by the European Commission at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/.
- If the dispute between Zeitraum and the Client is not settled out-of-court, such dispute shall be resolved by the Czech Republic courts.
- Common and final provisions
- All the notifications, requests or other forms of communication made by one of the Parties under or in connection with the Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “Notifications“) shall be made in writing and, unless otherwise specified, shall be delivered to the relevant party (addressee) in person, by courier, post or e-mail. The form of e-mail messages is also considered to be a written form. Unless otherwise specified, the contact details of the Parties for sending Notifications are:
address: (i) U Půjčovny 952/2, Nové Město, 110 00 Prague 1
(ii) address of Zeitraum Apartments, in which the accommodation is arranged
address:(i) the Client’s permanent residential address
(ii) Zeitraum Apartments address where accommodation is arranged, if the Client is using the Accommodation Premises at the time of sending the Notification,
e-mail: Client’s e-mail specified in the Order
- The Agreement and the relations arising therefrom are governed by Czech Republic legal regulations.
- The Agreement is concluded in English language.
- Zeitraum is not bound by any code of conduct.